Using the Snipping Tool on AARP Laptops (Win10 software)
- Do a search for the Snipping Tool, then pin it to the taskbar (so you never have to search for it again).
- Click on the 'Search' icon (a circle) on the Taskbar.
- Type 'snip' (without the quotes).
- In the results list, RIGHT-click on Snipping Tool, then select, 'Pin to taskbar'.
- Now, launch the application and 'snip' the information you want to capture.
- Left-click on the Snipping Tool icon in the taskbar.
- In the pop-up window, click on the down-arrow to the right of 'Mode.' This will reveal choices of Freeform Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, and Full-screen Snip.
- Choose the appropriate mode with a left-click.
- After the capture, The Snipping Tool window enlarges to accomodate what you snipped, and there are 'Tools' in the menu bar of the app, such as Pen, Highlighter, and Eraser. If you want to modify what you snipped, use those tools.
- To save the snip as an image, choose 'File' in the menu bar, then select 'Save as'.
- As usual, pick a destination you will remember, then type a name you will remember, then click on 'Save'.